Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my eco-friendly blog. Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas to contribute.
Be an Ad Sponsor


Saturday, February 16, 2008

Project: Plastic on Drafty Windows

A little bit of plastic goes a long way. Since this is my first winter in this house, I found that some of the original windows could use a little help keeping the heat in and the cold out. Plastic sheeting to the rescue!

Since window kits cost upwards of $15 for a few windows, I bought a roll of plastic (I think it's vapour barrier) and two rolls of tape for about $20. This should be enough for years of window covering, more if I reuse any of it.

Tackling the draftiest rooms first, I was able to dramatically reduce heat loss. I still have one window to tackle. Maybe a good project for today!
Post a Comment