Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my eco-friendly blog. Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas to contribute.
Be an Ad Sponsor


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Earth Hour 2010 Countdown

As we approach Earth Hour 2010, I thought it would be fun to do a quick review of the last one. There are some great images of some major cities during last year's Earth Hour.

Source: Boston.com via Earth Hour Canada

Some are obviously more impressive than others, but even a modest change in lighting can result in both big savings and less energy production. One of the main lessons here for me is that we can routinely do with a little less. A few lights turned off, a few appliances not running and we're making a small but real difference - without a catastrophic change in lifestyle.

In other Earth Hour news, at least one Tim Hortons in my area is observing the power down to some extent. Signs are up already so customers are well prepared... more to come.



Share on Facebook

No comments: