Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my eco-friendly blog. Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas to contribute.
Be an Ad Sponsor


Sunday, March 28, 2010

Earth Hour 2010 Is Done!

MacKay Bridge
Earth Hour 2010 went by a lot faster than previous years. I was disappointed to see only one of my immediate neighbours participating, but I guess that means my example might have been noticed.

As usual, we turned off the power for the entire house by flipping off the main breaker. We then lit a fire and settled in to play a board game by solar lights. It actually felt a bit like cheating as there are quite a number of solar lights in the house now and it was quite bright!

MacKay Bridge without lights
Unlike previous years, I wanted to capture a few photographs from around the city during Earth Hour. I'll post a little later about the corporate "winners" and "losers" from the local vicinity, but for now, have a look at the MacKay Bridge without lights. The second photo is much more indicative of the effect, but the first is just a nicer photo. Realize that both are time delay photos, otherwise they would simply be black.



Share on Facebook


No comments: