Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my eco-friendly blog. Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas to contribute.
Be an Ad Sponsor


Thursday, January 29, 2009

Light at the End of a Very Long Tunnel


I just saw this report on the net: Solar cells can now boast 41.1 percent efficiency!

While this is a very small incremental increase, it is nonetheless an improvement.

Don't be discouraged, materials scientists! We're still cheering for every 1/10 of a percent you get!

Assuming I could watch 60 minutes of television with a 2007 set of panels, I could now watch more than one whole commercial more (35.38 seconds) with these new ones! But which commercial would it be?

And before you get all technical on me, I know I'm assuming a lot in that the entire 0.9% would have no losses through the rest of this hypothetical system. Can't a guy dream?

No comments: