Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my eco-friendly blog. Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas to contribute.
Be an Ad Sponsor


Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Just Jiggle It

As I continue to look for some options on reducing my water usage, I saw mentioned on a few sites that instead of installing a retro-fit to a toilet tank or letting urine mellow, you can simply jiggle the handle after you flush normally. This causes the rubber flap to close prematurely, thereby saving you upwards of half a tank of water.

I tried it today and it worked quite well. It may take some practice to both remember to do it and to get the timing right, but it seems like a $0.00 fix. Sounds about right to me.

In other news:
  • P.E.I. is now on the list. Welcome visitors from Charlottetown!
  • I have to make a point of starting my car tonight. I haven't driven myself to work in a week. Between hitching rides and taking the bus, it's been a great seven days!
  • Lights out challenge happened today in Shirreff Hall, one of the buildings I manage. Seemed to go well. Tomorrow is Risley Hall.
  • Check out this article on how to talk to a Climate Change Sceptic.

No comments: