Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my eco-friendly blog. Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas to contribute.
Be an Ad Sponsor


Friday, October 23, 2009

Enviromental Weekend

So it's Friday and that means it's time to get back home and get a few more things done around the house before the cold winter heating season is fully upon us.

In addition to the 350 event in Halifax tomorrow, there was also the launch of Dalhousie's ReThink initiative today at the SUB. I'll post some additional details about that very soon.

So what's on at the house? Here's a quick update:

  • I've got 3 programmable thermostats left to install; 6 done last weekend!
  • I have a number of outlet and light switch insulation pads to install. This will be a quick one!
  • I have a new shower head for the downstairs bathroom
  • I have some foam insulation to put on the garage ceiling. Looks to be about R10, but I'm not yet sure if I have enough to cover the whole ceiling.
  • I have the parts and intention to build another 1-4 pop can solar furnaces.

    More on all of these updates soon!
  • No comments: