Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my eco-friendly blog. Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas to contribute.
Be an Ad Sponsor


Wednesday, March 4, 2009

CFL-Timer Update

So my little experiment in the tv room was for not... the timer-cfl combination resulted in one burnt out cfl. Probably too much juice when the timer kicked in or something.

A handy reminder then:

  • Not all CFLs will work with timers or dimmers. Look for a bulb specifically designed for this purpose.

  • Disposal of CFLs requires special attention. I now have to start a box in the garage until my next trip to the recycling centre. That one little drop of mercury shouldn't end up in the regular garbage.

More on garbage soon...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Swylite Corporation Digital Timers work on most CFL & LED bulbs down to a 1 watt total power draw, no problem.