Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my eco-friendly blog. Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas to contribute.
Be an Ad Sponsor


Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Peak Oil and the End of Suburbia?

Okay, so this is a bit alarmist, but it's a pretty good article in Business Week.

I was struck last week when the city knew that gas was going up by 6 cents, and cars were lined up four and five deep at the stations (idling all the while, of course). It could be a vision of things to come as gas prices will continue to increase well into the summer.

1 comment:

DaveB said...

You know, it's funny.. but this is exactly why I chose to live within the heart of any city I've worked in. In Halifax I was a walk and a direct ferry ride away. In Edmonton I live in an apartment 3 blocks from work. I think that not only does it lessen your footprint, but it also helps you appreciate how much money you save by not to own a car. In both instances I've lived either a short bus ride (Halifax) or directly next to a mall (Edmonton). People think my lifestyle is strange, but hey, I'm not the one choking on high fuel prices ;)